Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DAY 19

The trip wasn't that bad afterall, I find some of my mom's friends very interesting. One of them was put in prison for 10 years in 1980 for taking part in some wen hua da ge ming activities, one's a principal, one's a pro lawyer (da lv shi), one's a social worker, one's a university lecturer and the rest are teachers!

We went to the offshore island today (cheung chau), and its a tombolo! It takes 50 minutes to reach Hongkong mainland by ferry O:

There was a jap shop there selling the best Dorayaki (tong luo shao) I've ever had! Its run by a few japanese ladies and they have pretty big handrolls too :P My mom and her friends have another pal staying on that island, and she treated us to mango Daifuku! I ate two even though I'm not supposed to eat fruits cause I'm having a cough and sore throat.



I also ate the most fantabulous dinner today, there was mentaiko/karasumi, urchin roe, sashimi, sushi, natto! It was a treat for my aunt and her family cause they always treat us to dinner, lunch and stuff like that.

Nothing beats sashimi, and I've been craving for mentaiko/karasumi (I don't know which) for a year ever since I watched it on tv! :D Natto also tastes better than I thought :]


The four plates (without natto) costs 82.92 SGD o_O But the sashimi was seriously damn fresh zomg I'll love anybody who can feed me this everyday T.T


We also bought a small piece of camembert (cheese) and zomg, KIMCHI!!! I also tasted a macaron for the first time in my entire life O: All these were from a supermarket similar to TheMarketplace but its called Threesixty instead.



Tomorrow's gonna be another hectic day: visiting grandma in the morning, third aunt in afternoon, shopping after that and countdown at night! :D

Off to bathe!

No comments: